The More to Explore project is keen to hear from organisations / businesses that are potentially interested in becoming a hire point. Morecambe Bay Partnership wants to continue to expand the network of routes and hire points around the Bay area as the project develops.
What does a ‘Hire Point’ need to provide?
- Car parking (or have car parking readily available nearby)
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Covered storage and charging facilities (access to 3 pin plug) for 1 or 2 all-terrain mobilty scooters
Desirable, but not essential are: changing facilities and refreshments.
What does a ‘Hire Point’ have to do?
- Take phone call/email inquiries from potential users
- Provide training for users
- Complete necessary user hire agreements / evaluation forms
- Store and charge the all-terrain mobilty scooters
- Promote More to Explore project both to potential users, and to existing users (encourage donations, joining Friends of Group etc.)
To note: The More to Explore project is looking to establish a team of volunteers to work with hire points, supporting them with tasks.
What are the benefits of being a ‘Hire Point’?
- An additional ‘unique’ activity offer for the disabled tourism sector, known to be a loyal customer base, with potential associated financial benefits
- An opportunity to raise the profile of your business/organisation
- Free promotion / publicity through the More to Explore project
- An opportunity to be part of, and contribute to a worthwhile local project
What support do Hire Points get from the More to Explore project?
- Comprehensive training course(s) provided by Morecambe Bay Partnership and the equipment suppliers about day-to-day care of equipment, dealing with users, working with volunteers, health and safety, first aid
- Volunteers to assist with tasks
- Regular visits from suppliers to maintain equipment.
- More to Explore project co-ordinator to support / answer questions
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org